Countering the Mass Shooter Threat
Active Shooter Training
What’s in Your Emergency Operations Plan?
Are you a religious leader or perhaps in charge of security at your Church or house of worship?
Are you a school administrator, a teacher, or maybe just a concerned parent?
Or maybe you just want to learn what we can do to make ourselves less attractive to active shooters.
Join us as we take a deep dive into data gathered from 48 mass shootings that have occurred since Columbine, to determine what we can learn from these tragedies, including whether magazine capacity restrictions or banning certain types of firearms would have changed the outcome.
We’ll also explore whether proverbial “gun-free zones” figure into mass murderers’ planning; whether the response of the victim has made a difference; and whether “universal background checks” or other gun control proposals stand a chance at stemming the current trajectory of mass shootings.
This class does not engage in knee jerk politics, but instead uses real, comprehensive data to uncover ways to combat active shooters once and for all.
This is not a self-defense or firearms training class.
What Have We Learned?
- Mass Shootings by the Numbers
- Would Reducing Magazine Capacity Work?
- Would Banning AR-15s or Other Firearms Work?
- Do Gun-Free Zones Help or Hurt?
- Does Victim Response Make a Difference?
- What Are Universal Background Checks, and Would They Stop Mass Shootings?
- What About No Fly Lists and Terror Watch Lists?
Countering the Threat
- Know the Signs
- Create an Emergency Operations Plan for Your School, House of Worship or Business
- Special Considerations for Schools
- Special Considerations for Houses of Worship
- Don’t Be an Easy Victim: Run, Hide or Fight
- When Fighting Back Means Using a Gun
- Triage and Treat the Wounded
- Eliminating Gun-Free Zones
- Where Do We Go from Here?
Create An Emergency Operations Plan
End attacks early and minimize the number of victims with strategic planning and preparedness training.
Triage and Treat the Wounded
Learn the lifesaving measures you can take to save critically injured victims after an attack is over.
Recognize the Signs in Advance
Uncover how you can identify and deter potential active shooters before they strike.
Who Is This Class For?
- School staff, administrators, teachers, and volunteers
- Religious leaders, security, and parishioners of all types
- Parents, grandparents, and students
- Anyone else concerned about mass shootings
Who Is This Class Not For?
- Anyone who is not willing to keep an open mind while exploring the research and statistics surrounding active shooter incidents
Stay Armed and Stay Safe
Our Firearms Classes Exceed the CCW Training Requirements