Concealed Carry Class
Florida Concealed Weapons Permit Class
CCW Class Schedule
More Classes Coming Soon!
This Isn’t Your Cheapo Gun Show Class
Our concealed weapons permit class is the most in depth and hands-on concealed carry class taught anywhere in Florida.
Don’t settle for the quick in-and-out classes just because they’re cheap. There’s some things in life we just shouldn’t cut corners on – and our safety is one of them. How much is your safety worth?
Our class greatly exceeds the State of Florida’s training requirements for your concealed weapon and firearm license.
FREE Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals Textbook
The Other Guys Charge $30, But We Include It With Our CCW Class For FREE
What to Expect in Our Concealed Carry Class
This is an objective based course. The exact length of the course will depend on how long it takes to get through all of the objectives. A good ballpark estimate is 4-5 hours plus range time. Please do not make any important plans following class. We don’t believe in cutting corners, and the class will likely run all day.
Lesson 1: Developing a Personal and Home Protection Plan
- Defining a personal protection plan
- Why conflict avoidance is so important
- Situational awareness
- The color codes of awareness
- Areas to avoid
- Cover, concealment, and an exit strategy
- How a permit to carry fits
Lesson 2: Self-Defense Firearm Basics
- Universal safety rules
- Clearing a semi-automatic
- Clearing a revolver
- Defining a gun’s action
- Understanding revolvers
- Understanding semi-automatics
- Modern, striker-fired handguns
- Understanding magazines
- Ammunition components
- Is caliber all that matters?
- Other measurements
- Ammunition care and storage
- Common ammunition malfunctions
- Clearing semi-auto malfunctions
Lesson 3: Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
- Defensive shooting versus marksmanship
- Proper grip
- Shooting platform
- Aligning the muzzle to the target
- Unsighted fire, point shooting
- Flash sight picture
- Sighted fire
- Trigger control
- Rubber band exercise
Lesson 4: The Legal Use of Force
- Defining reasonable force and deadly force
- Detailed definitions of deadly force rules including scenarios
- What prosecutors will want to know
- Defending the home
- Defending property
Lesson 5: Violent Encounters and Their Aftermath
- Understanding fight or flight
- Effects of adrenaline and endorphins
- Recognizing a threat
- Issuing commands and evaluating options
- When we’re left with no other choice
- When the right to use deadly force ends
- The immediate aftermath
- Phone calls to make
- When the police arrive
- Statement to the police
- Preserving evidence
- Miranda rights
- During and after your arrest
- Advice for your lawyer
Lesson 6: Gear and Gadgets
- Holster retention
- Hip holsters
- Paddle holsters
- Pocket holsters
- Inside the waistband holsters
- Tactical flashlights
- Guns safes and storage
Lesson 7: Basic and Advanced Skills
- Creating a training program
- Dry firing
- Fundamental drill discussion
- Discussion of what’s next
What to Bring
Once you’re all signed up and ready to go, it’s time to gather everything together that you’ll need for the class.
If you have a handgun that you wish to use, bring it with you. If you don’t have one, don’t worry. We will have one for you to use, and we will also help you choose what to buy.
We understand having to purchase these items may seem like an additional expense, but keep in mind you will be using these items each and every time you go shooting. If you need help finding any of the items here, contact us at least one week prior to class and we will be glad to help you.
Here’s the list:
- 50 rounds (1 box) of factory loaded target ammunition (reloads are not permitted)
- If you will be borrowing one of our firearms, please bring 50 rounds of .40 S&W ammo.
- You can find handgun ammunition at most outdoor stores (such as Rural King or Bass Pro Shop) and some big-box stores (such as Walmart).
- Wrap-around eye protection (safety glasses)
- Hearing protection (ear muffs or ear plugs)
- Full coverage shirt and shoes (no low cut shirts, tank tops, flip flops or sandals will be allowed on the range)
- State issued ID card or driver’s license
IMPORTANT: DO NOT BRING ANY LIVE AMMUNITION INTO THE CLASSROOM.
While these items aren’t required, our experience has shown many students have found these items to be beneficial:
Always Carry, Never Tell
Our Firearms Classes Exceed the CCW Training Requirements